The space agency says the Kepler space telescope is having equipment issues. With the mission threatened, we look back at Kepler's mind-expanding search for Earth-like ...
Digiweb will have revenues of over EUR60m this year following the deal, with financiers now estimating the broadband and telecoms firm to be worth nearly EUR120m. Entrepreneur of the Year Piercy will remain as the majority shareholder of digiweb following the deal which has seen Morgan Stanley emerge as the second largest shareholder in the firm. The Wall Street giant is understood to have ...
Google Plus account or page, you should use this to your advantage to ensure you continue to post and interact regularly as more users come online.The key updates are as follows:* You can now do live, free video calls with up to 10 friends at once in "hangout" and record them.* There is a new auto upload of photos which allows you to store all your photos online for free.* They've ...
Samsung plans a hard-core Galaxy S4, says report While I've yet to see video footage, I can only assume that many happy dances have followed receipt of these emails. The Galaxy S4 on other carriers, ...
Ubisoft created for last year's "Far Cry 3." You don't need that game to play "Blood Dragon." Instead, your $15 buys you a scaled-down version of "FC3" with a smaller map, fewer weapons and a streamlined leveling-up system. It takes just six hours or so to play through, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you felt "FC3" dragged on too ...
Three Colors: Red (Trois couleurs: Rouge) [Blu-Ray]
Three Colors: Red, the last film in Krzysztof Kielowskis trilogy based around the three ideals of the French national motto--libert, galit, fraternit (liberty, equality, fraternity)--also turned out to be the final film of the great filmmakers career. He announced his ret ... ...
3D printing technology is a game changer in the arts and crafts world. "It really takes the lid off of what's possible," says Andrej Suskavcevic, president and CEO of the Craft and Hobby Association, in Elmwood Park, New Jersey. "It seems to me it'll provide a really good bridge between technology and hands-on crafting." Randy Sarafan, technology editor at ...
stunning option to its MacBooks: screens with ultra-high resolution. These "Retina" displays reveal four times as much detail as any Windows laptop screen until now. Toshiba just released a new laptop line with a Retina-level display. Does this mean Windows users can let go of MacBook envy? Sort of. The jump in resolution with ...
A few months ago, word spread that the twins, Cameron and Tyler, had set up their own investment firm and decided to focus on a curious market niche: ...
(Credit: Hewlett-Packard) Hewlett-Packard rolled out another Android device this week. This could become a pattern as PC makers hedge against a world that's less about Microsoft and more about Google. On Tuesday, the largest PC maker in the world -- a dubious distinction these days ...
MacConnection , stock has vanished for the popular 13.3-inch Air with a 1.8GHz processor and 256GB solid-state drive. That said, Best Buy has stock, but it's the "only reseller on ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Hotel Auckland, New Zealand
Promoted as 'The Boutique Hotel completely surounded by water', the Hilton Auckland is indeed in a unique location, right at ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
The Conservation Land Trust, a project of US philanthropists and environmental activists Douglas and Kris Tompkins, donated 15,000 hectares for the expansion of Perito Moreno National Park in southern Argentina.
The donation was formalized at a ceremony presided over by Argentine Tourism Minister Enrique Meyer, who described the CLT's action as "moving".
Nine years ago, the CLT provided 60,000 hectares of land to create Monte Leon National Park, also in Argentina's far south.
The latest parcel is part of the lands of the Tompkins' El Rincon estate, located opposite the south face of Mount San Lorenzo in Santa Cruz province.
"As a conservation agent, I want to highlight this initiative, which makes it clear that conservation has no borders," the president of Argentina's National Parks Administration, Carlos Corvalan, said at the ceremony.
"The sensation of being part of the process of creating a protected area is incomparable," Douglas Tompkins said, urging others in the private sector to follow his example.
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Angelina Jolie to play own mum in new biopic
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- The Hangover actor engaged
- My dads cancer diagnosis inspired my healthier diet says Gwyneth Paltrow
- Inferno by Dan Brown – review
- Gill Hornby We all go slighty bonkers when our children are little
- Does Prozac help artists be creative
- 1 Winning Ticket Sold in Fla. on Powerball
- Anne-Marie Duff I wondered if I should lie about my background
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Yoga Can Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Gun control advocates now admit IRS intimidation scandal proves Second Amendment needed to stop government tyranny
- Bacon lovers begone as Vancouverites urged to go vegetarian on ‘Meatless Monday’
- IRS demanded Facebook posts book titles names of donors during politically-motivated targeting of non-profits
- Sensex rallies for 5th straight week up 164 points
- Auto world shifts gears to emerging markets India to ride the high tide
- China to issue 20 bln yuan in 50-year T-bonds
- New Report on Chinese Markets for High-Density Polyethylene
- Bayer Leverkusen bid for Corinthians Romarinho
- Rousseff opens Brasilia World Cup stadium
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Pope Church Must Help Poorest Not Dissect Theology
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Clases de Yoga in Buenos Aires Argentina Now Offered by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center
- Francis to Argentine Bishops Be Bold
- Francis Letter to Argentine Bishops Assembly
- Argentina ‘Dirty War’ dictator Videla dies
- Argentina urges the United Nations to revise decolonization process