Intellectual property theft is supposedly costing the United States more than US$300 billion each year. A study in the US has shown this is equivalent to all US exports to Asia. The 11-month study by a Congressional Commission found that software and other product theft was on an unprecedented scale. Commission co-chair Jon Huntsman, the former US ambassador to China, told reporters the ...
The Venezuelan government has vowed to end a toilet paper shortage in the country. With the commodity in high demand, Venezuela's National Assembly has said it will agree to the importation of 39 million rolls of toilet paper. Toothpaste and soap are also on the Venezuelan shopping list following a chronic shortage brought on by currency controls, which have restricted the landing of ...
Forbes has listed the world's most powerful woman for 2013 as Angela Merkel. She has become Forbes' number one for the 8th time. This year the list featured 8 heads of state, including the German Chancellor. Other women listed were two new billionaires to the list, women's clothing designer Tory Burch and Spanx's Sara Blakely, who both own their own companies. They were two of 24 ...
WASHINGTON - Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation Friday announced the planned separation of the $76-billion conglomerate into two distinct publicly traded companies, with one to be renamed 21st Century Fox and the publishing firm to retain the News Corp brand. The split has been formally approved by the Board of Directors. The Company announced appointments to the Boards of Directors of both ...
The Vatican Bank has been the subject of a 10 page report from its newly formed financial watchdog agency. The report has revealed that there were some attempts last year to use the bank to launder money. In 2012 there were six suspicious transaction reports, two of which were passed on to Vatican prosecutors for investigation. Autorita Informazione Finanziaria, the watchdog, was ...
Return to Horror High [DVD]
You have to give credit to Bill Froehlichs Return to Horror High for its sheer ambition, even if it never really comes together. Made in 1987, at the teetering peak of the 1980s cycle of teen horror movies, Return to Horror High is not, as its title might s ... ...
DUBAI (Reuters) - Dubai mall developer Majid Al Futtaim Holding (MAF) is looking to raise at least $500 million from the issue of a hybrid debt sale to finance its buyout of French hypermarket chain Carrefour's ...
TOKYO (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said the country's financial institutions have sufficient buffers against losses they may incur from rises in bond yields, as long as the market moves are driven by prospects of an economic ...
Friday was to be his company retirement party at Alcoa Technical Center in Upper Burrell, where he worked for almost 36 years. Bergstrom most recently was the manager of Buildings and ...
PARKERSBURG- United Bank had another successful year in 2012 as it continued to increase earnings to shareholders, the chairman and CEO told shareholders Monday. United Bankshares Inc. officials, at the annual meeting of shareholders Monday at the Blennerhassett Hotel, said the company was able to continue to thrive in the economic conditions brought on by the Great Recession of 2008. "We ...
In Cass, St. Louis, Otter Tail and Aitkin counties -- the most active lake home markets in the state -- the average price has increased 3 to 5 percent since last spring, according to Trulia, a national real estate research and listings firm. But it's the high-end vacation home that is seeing the biggest increase in ...
They said it
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Canada
After getting off the Greyhound bus I trudged through the Whistler Village to the bottom of Whistler Mountain, and there ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
Argentine football legend Diego Maradona had reportedly grabbed his girlfriend by the neck during a bust-up on a plane.
According to passengers, Maradona, who was on his way to visit his baby son by former girlfriend Veronica Ojeda for the first time, had exchanged insults with his current girlfriend Rocio Oliva, before turning violent, the Daily Star reports.
According to the report, flight attendants and business-class travelers, including the wife of the governor of Argentina's Santa Fe province, had to step in to try to calm him down.
Silvia Troccoli, wife of the governor, said that she tried to talk to Maradona after he went 'into crisis' on the flight from Dubai, where he works as a sports ambassador, adding that the situation was not very nice.
An Argentine journalist, who was in economy class on the same flight, said that he was told by some business-class passengers that the scene between Maradona and Oliva was akin to a boxing match.
The report further said that the Argentinian star had later told bodyguards to elbow photographers when he touched down in Buenos Aires and also allegedly threw stones at cameramen on a motorway.
Maradona split from Ojeda, his partner of eight years, when she was four-and-a-half months pregnant with their son Diego Fernando. ...
- A Swedish varsity with over 100 Indian research tie-ups
- Angelina Jolies aunt battling with breast cancer slips into coma
- Chhattisgarh Naxal attack Congress leader VC Shukla remains critical say doctors
- New space stethoscope helps assess astronauts in noisy spacecrafts
- New urine test technique helps detect breast cancer
- Meet the UK family that holds school attendance record for 3 generations
- George Saunders It was good to have a painful immersion in capitalism
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Unatural Selection by Mel Odom - review
- 48 Hours Dirty Little Secrets
- Book Review Split Image The Life of Anthony Perkins
- Minamisanriku Tsunami-Hit Town In Japan Gets Easter Island Statue As Symbol For Recovery
- Chiles indigenous fight worlds largest gold miners to protect environment
- The Ecuadorian president said Thursday during his inauguration that the times we are now living in Latin American countries is thanks to the election of progressive governments from their people which is now said that Latin America is not the backy
- Canadian mine giant Barrick fined a record $16.4M in Chile
- Top chefs say Latin America will reach the zenith of cuisine
- Heather Graham displays yoga skills
- Exclusive Facebook censors pictures of children rallying against GMOs during global March Against Monsanto
- Millions rally around the world in March Against Monsanto - photos from Austin Texas
- Magazines Quick yoga routines
- How to exercise during pregnancy
- Infosys TCS among top software vendors in emerging markets PwC
- Move Over Japanese Yen Make Way For Chinas Yuan
- Reforms enhance pensions role in emerging markets
- Emerging markets are ‘a victim of their own success’ - EXCLUSIVE
- SA to represent Africa at emerging markets
- Neymar agrees to five-year deal with Barcelona
- Hezbollah Chief Confirms Fighting in Syria
- US Defense Chief Calls for End to Military Sex Assaults
- Maoists Attack India Congress Party Convoy
- Russia Cracks Down on Gay Activism
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Maradona grabbed girlfriend by neck during plane bust-up
- ‘Victorious decade’ Argentina marks ten years of Kirchner family rule
- Argentinas industrial production up 1.7 last month
- Huge crowd cheers Argentine leaders 10-year rule
- Joint Vatican City State and Argentina Stamps Presented to Pontiff