Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and Asia have undertaken far more extensive and fundamental pension reforms than those in Western industrialised countries, according to a new report from Allianz Global Investors ...
Emerging markets have suffered from ';indiscriminate selling';, as a result of a reduction in investor appetite for risk and are ';a victim of their own success'; according to Nomura. The global investment management firm says that emerging market asset allocations have been sold off aggressively in recent months ';as a result of investors in developed nations ...
The recent invitation to South Africa to join the BRIC group of emerging economies comprising Brazil, Russia, India and China is to "offer opportunities for Africa to strengthen ties with the ...
BEIJING, April 14 (Xinhua) -- China used 27 billion yuan (4.29 billion U.S. dollars) from land sales to build farmland water conservation projects in 2011, the Ministry of Water Resources said Saturday.Local authorities must set aside 10 percent of their revenues accrued from land sales for farmland water conservation projects, according to the central government's No. 1 document issued at ...
The Chinese currency Renminbi, or the yuan, gained 33 basis points to 6.4470 per U.S. dollar on Tuesday, the highest since China started the exchange rate reform six years ago, according to the China Foreign Exchange Trading system. In China's foreign exchange spot market, the yuan is allowed to rise or fall by 0.5 percent from the central parity rate each trading day. The central parity ...
Carnival of Souls [DVD]
Television and the cinema have long had a strange, antagonistic relationship. When first introduced in the late 1940s, television posed a major threat to the monopoly the movies held on mass entertainment. Thus, the movies felt forced to evolve, which resulted in technological developments such as stereo sound, Cinemascope wide-screens, and gimmicks like 3-D. ...
Chinese stocks tumbled Monday as investors sold off holdings increasingly worried about a possible default of government debt by the United States which is to bring the global economy back to a serious slowdown. Also, railway shares plunged after the weekend deadly high-speed train wrecking accident in East China's Zhejiang Province which has killed at least 36 people and injured more than ...
BEIJING - China's bank card transactions in the first quarter totaled 100.27 trillion yuan ($16.21 trillion), up 19.34 percent from the same period last year, the country's central bank said on Friday. A total of 10.63 billion transactions were made during the January-March period and the value for the first time exceeded 100 trillion yuan in one quarter, the ...
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Tiffany & Co. and United Natural Foods will be among the stocks to watch Tuesday after the three-day holiday ...
* Concerns over Chinese economic growth, Fed stimulus weigh * Brazil Bovespa, Mexico IPC flat; Chile IPSA down 0.94 pct By Asher Levine SAO PAULO, May 24 (Reuters) - Latin American stocks were largely flat on Friday despite concerns over weak economic growth in China and a possible winding down of the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank's asset-buying program. Latin American markets also suffered this ...
Google has reportedly launched an expansive effort to bring wireless networks and affordable computing to emerging markets such as sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia, moves that could bring the Internet to a further billion people.The wireless networks would be introduced outside the major cities, where wired connections are not possible, but could also be used to help make the Internet ...
They said it
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
Gen. Rafael Videla, the emblematic figure of the military junta that ruled Argentina from 1976-83, died of a heart attack resulting from injuries and broken bones he suffered five days earlier when he fell in the shower, judicial sources told the official Telam news agency.
The erstwhile strongman was found dead Friday inside his cell at the prison where he was serving a life sentence for crimes against humanity.
The preliminary medical report said that May 12, Videla has taken "a fall while showering in one of the bathrooms at the Marcos Paz Prison that resulted in broken bones".
The document added that the former dictator was taking anticoagulant medications, which - with the fractures resulting from the fall - caused internal hemorrhaging that led to a heart attack.
Judge Juan Pablo Salas is still awaiting other complementary studies, including a toxicology report, which will be completed within 20 days, the sources told Telam.
It is expected that the judge will meet with relatives of Videla to notify them of the autopsy results and it will be then that the remains of the former strongman will be turned over to them for burial.
The Videla family has not disclosed where they plan to bury the general. ...
- Chris Rock auctions role for charity
- One Direction to donate 200000 pounds for charity
- Healthy heart ensures healthy kidney
- 9-year-old girl tells McDonalds CEO to not trick kids into eating unhealthy food
- Kids with Type 2 diabetes at greater risk of developing heart kidney problems
- Jersey Shore heads into summer with high hopes
- Disgraced 4000 Miles To Kill a Mockingbird – review
- Scared of the school gate Just follow these few simple rules…
- Scott Thorson the lover Liberace remade in his own image
- How Ugandas female writers found their voice
- Chiles indigenous fight worlds largest gold miners to protect environment
- The Ecuadorian president said Thursday during his inauguration that the times we are now living in Latin American countries is thanks to the election of progressive governments from their people which is now said that Latin America is not the backy
- Canadian mine giant Barrick fined a record $16.4M in Chile
- Top chefs say Latin America will reach the zenith of cuisine
- Chile blocks Barrick Gold mining project
- Heather Graham displays yoga skills
- Ryder makes low-key gym comeback away from prying eyes following bar assault
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- Millions rally around the world in March Against Monsanto - photos from Austin Texas
- Magazines Quick yoga routines
- Reforms enhance pensions role in emerging markets
- Emerging markets are ‘a victim of their own success’ - EXCLUSIVE
- SA to represent Africa at emerging markets
- China allocates 27 bln yuan from land sales for water conservation
- Chinas yuan hits record high of 6.4470 against USD Tuesday
- Bolivia to boost incentives for gas exploration
- Flamengo denies Kaka interest
- Brazil oil firm sells partial stake in Tanzania block
- Sao Paulo eyes former Villarreal forward Nilmar
- UN human rights office urges trial to be decided on merits after Guatemalan court overturns Roos Montt conviction
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Huge crowd cheers Argentine leaders 10-year rule
- Joint Vatican City State and Argentina Stamps Presented to Pontiff
- We dont want a divided Argentina Macri
- Argentina marks 10 years of Kirchner rule
- Looking for a clear day to see into Argentina