Cricket Australia's (CA) National Selection Panel (NSP) Wednesday named a 15-man squad for Australia A's tour to Africa in July and August. All-rounder Steve Smith will lead the side, and right-hand bat Aaron Finch has been named as his deputy. The side will play three four-day matches against Zimbabwe and South Africa A in July before the tri-series involving South Africa A and India A in ...
Australian cricketers will participate in a unique training session on the Thames river here for a promotional event. The cricket pitch will be positioned on a barge in front of the iconic Tower Bridge. Skipper Michael Clarke, Shane Watson, Chris Rogers, James Faulkner and Mitchell Starc will come together on the floating pitch for a brief session to prepare for the Ashes, which starts July ...
Olympic and World Champion Veronica Campbell-Brown has denied knowingly taking a banned substance Lasix, which also goes by the name Furosemide. Brown's first public reaction came in the form of a statement released by her On Track Management (OTM) group following reports that she has tested positive for the banned drug. The OTM statement says Brown is determined to clear her name and included ...
The Indian cricket team with a clean record in the preliminary stages of the ongoing ICC Champions Trophy in England had a strenuous session at the nets in Cardiff ahead of Thursday's semi-final clash against Sri Lanka. With this practice session yesterday, the in form Indian players are confident of facing the Sri Lankan team. The players were busy in enhancing their skills at Glamorgan County ...
FIFA president Sepp Blatter denied that the Confederations Cup and World Cup are the causes for mass protests across Brazil. Demonstrations, which began last week in response to rise in public transport fares, have turned into a nation-wide rally against bad governance and corruption, reports Xinhua. Many marchers expressed their anger at the billions of dollars spent on new football stadiums ...
Dillinger Is Dead (Dillinger è morto) [DVD]
Marco Ferreris non-narrative curiosity Dillinger is Dead was given its first theatrical release in the U.S. last year, exactly three decades after it first appeared in European cinemas, and it was received with the kind of rapturous acclaim that often attends challenging ... ...
Protestors have reportedly hacked the official website for the Brazil Football World Cup 2014 and replaced the site with a video of a violent police response to a peaceful protest. According to News.com.au, the FIFA website was replaced with an embedded YouTube video, showing protesters marching, before riot police release tear gas and fire on the protesters with rubber bullets. The report ...
Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore has said that national team will be reviewed keeping in mind the 2015 World Cup after their dismal performance in the ICC Champions Trophy in England. Poor batting led to Pakistan's defeat in all three matches as they failed to post a single total above 170 runs, with the flop performance prompting calls from former players, media and fans to overhaul the system and ...
Cricket Australia (CA) will reportedly be sending certain players from the defeated ICC Champions Trophy squad to join Australia A to maximise preparation time for the Ashes. Following a disappointing pool-round exit from the Champions Trophy, Australia will use the extra time before the opening tour match to give some players time with the A team, who completed a 93-run first-class win over ...
American tennis star Serena Williams has sparked outrage with her comments about a teenage rape victim, saying that the victim was 'drunk' and 'maybe...not a virgin'. In an excerpt from Rolling Stone magazine, Williams criticised a 16-year-old girl who was raped by two football players, her fellow school students, while she was drunk, in Ohio in August 2012, News.com.au reports. According to ...
Former India fast bowler Javagal Srinath was Tuesday appointed the match referee for the first Champions Trophy semifinal between England and South Africa at the Oval on Wednesday. Kumar Dharmasena and Rod Tucker are the on-field umpires while Bruce Oxenford and Steve Davis have been appointed as third and fourth umpires, International Cricket COuncil (ICC) said. Englishman Chris Broad has ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach
I had mixed feelings coming back to this old hotel. I had been staying there on-and-off for 20 years, and ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- How aspirin can effectively battle cancer
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Proper sleep lowers risk of diabetes in men
- Brazil to produce H1N1 flu vaccine
- Razzle Dazzle by Andy Seed - review
- Taliban We killed 4 U.S. troops at Afghan air base
- Best-selling author sticks to rural life
- Obama to call for deep cuts in U.S. Russian nuke arsenals
- Tanzania Schoolgirls Need Books Not Husbands
- Costs surge hurting Chile’s mine competitiveness - Antofagasta
- US man pleads guilty to smuggling snakes on several planes from South America to US
- Chile to Extradite Argentine Ex-Judge Over Human Rights Cases
- Concern About Air Pollution in Chilean City
- Chile to Extradite Ex Judge Linked to Argentina Military Regime
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Turmeric produces mind-blowing recovery from dementia symptoms multiple case studies show
- Fab-4 superfoods Pomegranate curcumin green tea and broccoli help fight prostate cancer
- GMOs linked to blood cell disorders leukemia New study
- Treat your IBS naturally with vitamin D Research
- Sensex closes 100 points down bank capital goods plunge
- China markets slump on liquidity concerns
- BSE Sensex falls on lenders blue chips
- StanChart plans 1 bln yuan bond in Taiwan -sources
- Asia Markets China stocks fall Japan jumps ahead of Fed meet
- Brazil protests will calm down Blatter hopes
- Brazil to produce H1N1 flu vaccine
- Protestors hack Brazil World Cup 2014 website
- Rousseff proposes new regulatory framework for Brazil mining
- Mexican telecom firm in talks to restructure debt
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Argentina bans British made ejection seats from local jet trainer IA-63 Pampa III
- Malvinas C24 Argentina petitioners Maria Angelia Vernet and Alejandro Betts
- Aust U20s lose against Argentina at Junior Champs
- Argentine Coast Guard catches Chinese jigger with 180 tons of fresh squid
- India-Argentina pledge to improve trade Timerman thanks Delhi support on Malvinas dispute