A parade in the US state of Virginia has been ended by an horrendous car crash. Over 50 people were injured in an incident where a car ploughed into the crowd whose members had been hiking through the area. More than a dozen people were seriously injured in the crash, which took place during the Trail Days festival in the town of Damascus in northern Virginia. Ambulances ferried the ...
Israel has warned Russia about sending arms to Syria. Justice Minister Tzipi Livni has spoken on Channel Two television's Meet the Press to condemn shipments of arms from Russia that she said may be used against Israel. She said: "These are not just any weapons, they are tie-breakers, and that's why there is a responsibility with all world powers, certainly Russia, not to supply such ...
At least eight people have been killed and ten others injured in a bomb attack in the Syrian capital, Damascus. The incident took place in the north of the city, where cars and buildings were set alight by a bomb. The bomb had been concealed in another car which was parked near a school in the Rukn Eddin neighbourhood. Another explosive device was defused by military experts who had ...
Two spies have been hanged in Iran following a Revolutionary Court judgement. Press TV has reported the spies, who worked for the US Central Intelligence Agency and the Israeli spy agency, the Mossad, were hanged at dawn on Sunday. Sentenced to death by the Revolutionary Court, the men have been named as Mohammad Heidari, a Mossad agent and Kourosh Ahmadi, who was convicted of working for ...
BP and Halliburton are being sued by the state of Texas over one of the worst oil spills in US history. Texas has become the latest complainant in allegations that both companies engaged in "misconduct" for their role in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Four other states that have sued BP and other companies in connection to the spill. Alabama and Louisiana filed complaints in 2010 ...
Koko: A Talking Gorilla [DVD]
Koko: A Talking Gorilla is a slim, but intriguing documentary about a gorilla who can literally talk. Koko, a gorilla who was six years old at the time the film was made in 1977, had been taken from the San Francisco Zoo and was being taught how to communicate with American s ... ...
After a victorious comeback to professional tennis, former World No. 20 and cancer survivor Alisa Kleybanova vowed Monday to return to the sport's biggest competitions. The Russian, 23, won two WTA titles before being forced to quit the sport in July 2011 when she was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. After an aborted comeback bid last year, Kleybanova made a successful return last week at a ...
Ireland has given hope of reviving international cricket in Pakistan after it reportedly agreed to consider visiting the country to reciprocate Pakistan's one-day international (ODI) tour of Ireland. At a time when all the Test playing nations have written-off touring Pakistan, the International Cricket Council's (ICC) associate member Cricket Ireland (CI) gave a positive response on that ...
Brazil international midfielder Paulinho has denied speculation that he is on the verge of a move to Europe. The 24-year-old Corinthians star is reportedly on the radar of Inter Milan, Shakhtar Donetsk and Chelsea, among other European clubs, reports Xinhua. Speaking after Corinthians' 3-2 aggregate victory over Santos in the final of the Campeonato Paulista Sunday, Paulinho said he would ...
Former World Cup winner and Real Madrid star Roberto Carlos has agreed to coach Turkish Super League's Sivasspor club. Sivasspor officials announced that they had offered the coaching job to the Brazilian after former coach Riza Calimbay called it quits, reports Xinhua. Carlos, 40, reportedly accepted the offer after consulting with friends from his time with Fenerbahce. Carlos is currently ...
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and visiting Chinese Premier Li Keqiang will hold comprehensive talks on key bilateral, regional and international issues here today. Issues including boundary and trade are expected to come up for discussions during the high level interactions. Earlier, both the leaders held talks on crucial bilateral issues here last evening. External Affairs Minister ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta confirmed that the Italian Serie A champions are in contact with Carlos Tevez in an attempt to sign the Argentine striker.
Marotta said Juventus could have some meetings with Tevez's team, reports Xinhua.
"It is clear that at this stage of the season agents step forward and I will not rule out a meeting in that sense. We could reach an agreement with them, but then we'd have to strike a deal with his club too."
"He wants to make up for lost time, as his years at Manchester City were not the best. We have not made any approach towards the English club," he said.
Marotta dropped hints that Juventus could sign Tevez ahead of Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain.
"Higuain is younger and is therefore worth more on the transfer market. Tevez is certainly an easier negotiation process, as his contract expires next summer," he said.
"We are trying to strengthen the attack for next season, so that is our primary objective. We're after players who suit our manager's style of play," he said.
- Cancer survivor Kleybanova makes victorious comeback
- Examining pancreatic juices may help identify pancreatic cancer
- Badminton becomes a victim of Chinas bird flu outbreak
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Here and Now Letters 2008â€2011 by Paul Auster and JM Coetzee â€“ review
- Thomas Browne â€“ religion as passion and pastime part 1 reason within limits | Roz Kaveney
- Book Review The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud
- Case Histories Australia With Simon Reeve â€“ TV review
- Book Review The Green Mile Part 3 Coffeys Hands by Stephen King
- Putting group fitness classes in the proper light
- 2 FBI agents killed during training exercise at Virginia Beach
- Outside consultant Exercise-product start-up needs laser focus
- FBI Mourns the Loss of Two Special Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Outpost Natural Foods plans July start 80 jobs for Mequon store
- Sensex gains 138 points in early trade on sustained buying by investors
- South African Markets - Factors to watch on May 20
- Chinas yuan hits record high of 6.4470 against USD Tuesday
- China stocks plunge on US debt train crash
- Sensex jumps 150 points Nifty above 6200
- Wells delighted with play-off victory
- Hosogai departs Bayer Leverkusen for Hertha Berlin
- Wellington Phoenix appoint ex-Melbourne Victory coach Merrick
- Celtic boss Lennon fears Forster may put focus on England
- Vancouver Whitecaps striker Miller set for third Rangers spell
- Caribbean T20 League builds momentum
- Mexican twice summits Everest in one climbing season
- Mexico aims to boost trade with Brazil
- Brazil midfielder Paulinho denies transfer rumours
- Nestle invests $130 mn in Mexico plant
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Juventus confirm Tevez talks
- Lan back in the air in Argentina after yielding to ground services boycott
- Lan privileged passengers but will review investments and expects â€˜common senseâ€™ from Argentine officials
- 5. Burial place of Argentinas Videla a mystery
- Argentinas River ties Union Santa Fe 2-2