JOHANNESBURG -- Space, the final frontier, and one that African nations have largely left unexplored. But with the emergence of space agencies around the continent, some intrepid space-gazers are studying ways to boldly go where few Africans have gone before. Observers looking at Africa today will see a new reality. Satellite dishes monitor hundreds of privately owned satellites above ...
Texas Prison Cools Armory Not Living Space Lawsuit Alleges 13 Heatstroke Deaths Due To Lack Of Air Conditioning
As many as 13 Texas prisoners died from heatstroke since 2007 according to a lawsuit that questions how administrators decided to allocate the much-valued commodity of conditioned air in oppressive Texas ...
CSPI Investigation Reveals Kids' Meals at Restaurants Usually Too High in Calories, and Good Options Hard to Find WASHINGTON - August 4 - Nearly every single possible combination of the children's meals at KFC, Taco Bell, Sonic, Jack in the Box, and Chick-fil-A is too high in calories, according to the nonprofit Center for Science in the Public Interest, which today released the ...
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff on Friday expressed the wish to speed up her country's space cooperation with Ukraine. Speaking by phone earlier in the day, Rousseff and her Ukrainian counterpart Viktor Yanukovych discussed bilateral cooperation, especially on the space sector. Brazil and Ukraine are partners in Alcantara Cyclon Space (ACS), a company which is preparing for the launch ...
The era of a space dominated by the U.S. and Russia is gone. Even when they have preserved their leadership in space exploration, they face a growing competition from other states, primarily from China. That conclusion is stated in a report prepared by Futron research company (USA). For five years Futron has been composing an index of competitive position of various participants of space ...
Dillinger Is Dead (Dillinger è morto) [DVD]
Marco Ferreris non-narrative curiosity Dillinger is Dead was given its first theatrical release in the U.S. last year, exactly three decades after it first appeared in European cinemas, and it was received with the kind of rapturous acclaim that often attends challenging ... ...
British crossover style performer Sarah Brightman announced here Wednesday her intention to become the next paying passenger to the International Space Station (ISS). "I am planning to become a space flight participant," Brightman told a press conference, after receiving the approval from a medical commission for training at Russia's Cosmonaut Training Center in July. Ahead of ...
SpaceX's unmanned Dragon capsule docked with the International Space Station (ISS) on Wednesday morning to make the first-ever commercial cargo delivery to the orbiting lab. According to U.S. space agency NASA, Dragon was captured by station crew using Canadarm2 robotic arm and installed to the station's docking port on the Earth-facing side of the Harmony node at 9:03 a.m. EDT (1303 ...
Space-time is the real gravity, according to physicists. Why? Because of a drawing which looks like a vortex with a grid pattern across it. And the physics behind this drawing? It starts with two objects moving toward each other, which usually means persons on trains. Their motion relative to each other is different from their motion relative to something else. Relative means relativity. Viola. ...
'); This image shows a trio of galaxies often called the Draco group because they are located in the northern constellation of Draco. The galaxy on the left is NGC 5985, the center is the elliptical galaxy NGC 5982, and the bottom right is NGC 5981. Astrophotographer Terry Hancock and former NASA scientist Fred Hermann teamed up to take this photo. The image was released June 17, ...
NASA's Cassini spacecraft, now exploring Saturn, will take a picture of Earth from a distance of hundreds of millions of miles on July 19. NASA is inviting the public to help acknowledge the historic interplanetary portrait as it is being taken. Earth will appear as a small, pale blue dot between the rings of Saturn in the image, which will be part of a mosaic, or multi-image portrait, of ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach
I had mixed feelings coming back to this old hotel. I had been staying there on-and-off for 20 years, and ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Weekend lie-in can prevent diabetes
- Getting enough sleep may help prevent diabetes in men
- How aspirin can effectively battle cancer
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Our Church by Roger Scruton – review
- Levi Pinfolds Black Dog - in pictures
- Academics will need both the physical and virtual library for years to come
- Shubbak festival a refuge for Arab culture at a troubled time
- James Daviess top 10 psychiatry critiques
- Chile - Chile urged to enact new media laws
- Brazil UnrestThe Brazilian government has deployed more national security force Latin America News
- JLo in Chilean miner drama
- Costs surge hurting Chile’s mine competitiveness - Antofagasta
- US man pleads guilty to smuggling snakes on several planes from South America to US
- Calcium and vitamin D intake timing may affect how bone adapts to exercise
- Beliefs about causes of obesity could affect weight and eating behaviour
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- South Africa Give De Villiers Deadline to Prove Fitness
- Exercise And Eating Habits Of Mothers Can Affect Their Children
- Sensex closes 100 points down bank capital goods plunge
- Chinas yuan hits record high of 6.4470 against USD Tuesday
- China stocks plunge on US debt train crash
- Czech central bankers talk against koruna
- EMERGING MARKETS-Stocks broadly weaker before Fed decision rand firms
- Brazil protests will calm down Blatter hopes
- Brazil to produce H1N1 flu vaccine
- Protestors hack Brazil World Cup 2014 website
- Rousseff proposes new regulatory framework for Brazil mining
- Mexican telecom firm in talks to restructure debt
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- BRIEF-Aerolineas Argentinas to lease 4 Airbus A330-200s from ILFC
- Argentina bans British made ejection seats from local jet trainer IA-63 Pampa III
- Malvinas C24 Argentina petitioners Maria Angelia Vernet and Alejandro Betts
- Aust U20s lose against Argentina at Junior Champs
- Argentine Coast Guard catches Chinese jigger with 180 tons of fresh squid