LONDON - The consumer price index (CPI) inflation increased to 2.7% in May, up from 2.4% in April, mainly due to higher fuel costs pushing up transportation costs particularly airfares, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said Tuesday. The ONS said the rise was due to a record increase in airfares and higher fuel prices. "The inflation rate has returned to the levels seen between ...
Climate change is real. For an emerging economy like India with a large population directly dependent on natural resources for their sustenance, the changing climate is causing severe economic, environmental and social challenges. Bundelkhand, a semi - arid region comprising of 13 districts in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh is one of the most climate sensitive areas in ...
MIAMI -; Forecasters say a tropical depression crossing Mexico's Bay of Campeche is expected to become a tropical storm before making landfall in that country's Gulf Coast state of ...
The latest advisory for Tropical Depression Two, which formed Monday near the coast of Belize. It is not expected to threaten ...
June 19, 2013 /CNW/ - No-fault insurance, deductibles, term versus whole life insurance; are you up to snuff when it comes to the details of your insurance policies? While British Columbians are among those most likely in the country to review their insurance policies at least once a year (64% versus 55% nationally), new research from TD Insurance has found that not everyone takes the time ...
Dillinger Is Dead (Dillinger è morto) [DVD]
Marco Ferreris non-narrative curiosity Dillinger is Dead was given its first theatrical release in the U.S. last year, exactly three decades after it first appeared in European cinemas, and it was received with the kind of rapturous acclaim that often attends challenging ... ...
June 19, 2013 /CNW/ - From premiums to exclusions, do you understand all the details of your insurance coverage? While the majority of Ontarians (54%) review their insurance policies at least once a year, new research from TD Insurance has found that not everyone takes the time to ensure they are properly insured. According to the State of Insurance Report, an annual report commissioned ...
June 19, 2013 /CNW/ - Crombie Real Estate Investment Trust ("Crombie REIT") (TSX: CRR.UN) today announced a distribution of $0.07417 per unit for the period ...
June 19, 2013 /CNW/ - Canada's economy started 2013 growing at a solid clip, as energy production continued to recover and the U.S. economy proved to be more resilient to a recession than was feared, according to the ...
After 3 decades in which borrowing costs mostly have declined steadily to rock-bottom levels, the long-term path of interest rates is headed up, experts ...
LONDON (Reuters) - The World Bank is concerned about the spillover effects on developing countries of a slowing of U.S. money creation and will move to provide affordable capital when borrowing costs rise, its president said on ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach
I had mixed feelings coming back to this old hotel. I had been staying there on-and-off for 20 years, and ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Weekend lie-in can prevent diabetes
- Getting enough sleep may help prevent diabetes in men
- How aspirin can effectively battle cancer
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Our Church by Roger Scruton – review
- Levi Pinfolds Black Dog - in pictures
- Academics will need both the physical and virtual library for years to come
- Shubbak festival a refuge for Arab culture at a troubled time
- James Daviess top 10 psychiatry critiques
- Chile - Chile urged to enact new media laws
- Brazil UnrestThe Brazilian government has deployed more national security force Latin America News
- JLo in Chilean miner drama
- Costs surge hurting Chile’s mine competitiveness - Antofagasta
- US man pleads guilty to smuggling snakes on several planes from South America to US
- Calcium and vitamin D intake timing may affect how bone adapts to exercise
- Beliefs about causes of obesity could affect weight and eating behaviour
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- South Africa Give De Villiers Deadline to Prove Fitness
- Exercise And Eating Habits Of Mothers Can Affect Their Children
- China allocates 27 bln yuan from land sales for water conservation
- Chinas yuan hits record high of 6.4470 against USD Tuesday
- China stocks plunge on US debt train crash
- Czech central bankers talk against koruna
- EMERGING MARKETS-Stocks broadly weaker before Fed decision rand firms
- Brazil protests will calm down Blatter hopes
- Brazil to produce H1N1 flu vaccine
- Protestors hack Brazil World Cup 2014 website
- Rousseff proposes new regulatory framework for Brazil mining
- Mexican telecom firm in talks to restructure debt
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- BRIEF-Aerolineas Argentinas to lease 4 Airbus A330-200s from ILFC
- Argentina bans British made ejection seats from local jet trainer IA-63 Pampa III
- Malvinas C24 Argentina petitioners Maria Angelia Vernet and Alejandro Betts
- Aust U20s lose against Argentina at Junior Champs
- Argentine Coast Guard catches Chinese jigger with 180 tons of fresh squid