Britain's Financial Times was hacked last week by a mysterious group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army. The newspaper's technology blog was hacked to display a slogan saying: "Hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army." Several Twitter feeds run by the Financial Times were also plastered with similar slogans. The FT later said its blogs and social media accounts had been compromised ...
the posts tagged "Yahoo." I tried to let my eyes waft at random in the hope of finding fair balance or at least something more than purple haze. The first thing I saw was a post from someone called "world-peace-not-war." I felt that here would be sanguine calm. Instead he wrote: "BooHoo! Yahoo Done Wrong. Yahoo Must Pay." This didn't seem terribly ...
More profit Tumblr may add a few percentage points in quarterly revenue in the next year, and potentially a few drops of profit, but not enough to move the needle unless the service continues its user growth rate and increasing rate of revenue growth. The real profit will come as Tumblr scales and improves its ad targeting, which Yahoo's technology can help nurture. In addition, Tumblr ...
AT&T is the country's fifth largest ad spender -- and now its using data gleaned from its own digital advertising to to help other marketers that buy inventory through AT&T's AdWorks business. ...
Yahoo reportedly is in talks to buy blogging service Tumblr for a cool $1.1bn, and is said to have been given approval by its board. Tumblr, a place for posting cat memes and duck faces, is apparently in Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's ...
Jackie Brown [Blu-Ray]
The beauty and brilliance of Quentin Tarantinos Jackie Brown is that it isnt Pulp Fiction Redux. While so many other young filmmakers were already busy trying to ape the style, attitude, and bravura of Tarantinos sophomore film, he was quietly taking a different route and ... ...
German children's television production/distribution company Studio 100 Media has launched a new film division, Studio 100 Film, which will focus on feature ...
PHOTOS: Radiant 'X-Men' Star Fan Bingbing Honored at Glittery Cannes Fest The movie follows an outlaw who unknowingly leads a band of cannibalistic Troglodytes into the peaceful western town of Bright Hope. When the monsters kidnap several settlers a small rescue party journey into hell to try and rescue them. 2929 Entertainment has come on board to fully finance the project. ...
Cannes Film Festival 2013 The story is set amongst the privileged elite of Oxford University and follows two first year students determined to join the infamous Riot Club where reputations can be made or destroyed over the course of a single ...
Now that the Tetris tiles of the 2013–14 TV schedule have dropped into place, a number of intriguing programming showdowns await. With 51 new scripted series slated to premiere in the coming season, the newcomers will be fighting for their lives against established hits and fellow freshman shows. Here are the five time slots that are likely to kick up the most ...
uper Bowl ad-rating platform to other categories of sports media. Ad Meter: The Year in Sports will invite sports fans to vote in categories like Best Sports Marketing Campaign and Best Athlete Endorsement Ad. Online voting will take place on Ad Meter’s digital hub in November, with the winners to be announced Dec. 9 at an event in New ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hotel Sofitel, New York City
This at the time of my stay was one of the newest hotels in New York, and merited a review ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta confirmed that the Italian Serie A champions are in contact with Carlos Tevez in an attempt to sign the Argentine striker.
Marotta said Juventus could have some meetings with Tevez's team, reports Xinhua.
"It is clear that at this stage of the season agents step forward and I will not rule out a meeting in that sense. We could reach an agreement with them, but then we'd have to strike a deal with his club too."
"He wants to make up for lost time, as his years at Manchester City were not the best. We have not made any approach towards the English club," he said.
Marotta dropped hints that Juventus could sign Tevez ahead of Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain.
"Higuain is younger and is therefore worth more on the transfer market. Tevez is certainly an easier negotiation process, as his contract expires next summer," he said.
"We are trying to strengthen the attack for next season, so that is our primary objective. We're after players who suit our manager's style of play," he said.
- India UK sign MoU on cooperation in health sector
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Commonly used catheters double blood clot risk in ICU and cancer patients
- Cancer survivor Kleybanova makes victorious comeback
- Examining pancreatic juices may help identify pancreatic cancer
- Bungled bank heist in Israel leaves gunman 4 more dead
- Hobson Yahoo buys itself some cool with Tumblr deal
- Lotto winners with tragic story thank guardian angel
- Fiona Shaw to take Ancient Mariner show to New York
- Guardian Books podcast Rick Gekoski on First Editions Second Thoughts
- Chile Economy Grows Less Than Forecast as Investment Boom Wanes
- Magnitude-6.5 earthquake strikes off coast of Chile no tsunami warning
- Lopez unit Canadian firm to develop geothermal areas in Chile Peru
- 6.8-magnitude quake strikes off Chile USGS
- Antonio Banderas to star in film about trapped Chilean miners
- Statewide hurricane exercise pays homage to Bob Lay
- Eat more superfoods to lose weight
- Scientists Wage War on Alternative Medicine
- Live video chat with fitness guru Karl Henry
- Licorice may hold key to diabetes treatment
- Li Keqiang makes India first stop on his foreign visit
- Reforms enhance pensions role in emerging markets
- Emerging markets are ‘a victim of their own success’ - EXCLUSIVE
- SA to represent Africa at emerging markets
- China allocates 27 bln yuan from land sales for water conservation
- Corinthians beat Santos to win Campeonato Paulista
- Caribbean T20 League builds momentum
- Mexican twice summits Everest in one climbing season
- Mexico aims to boost trade with Brazil
- Brazil midfielder Paulinho denies transfer rumours
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Buenos Aires province teachers threaten to strike again
- Argentine president to visit Brazil
- Falkland Islands Argentina blasts UK’s ‘double standard’ on self determination right
- Lan back in the air in Argentina after yielding to ground services boycott
- Lan privileged passengers but will review investments and expects ‘common sense’ from Argentine officials