Argentine football legend Diego Maradona had reportedly grabbed his girlfriend by the neck during a bust-up on a plane. According to passengers, Maradona, who was on his way to visit his baby son by former girlfriend Veronica Ojeda for the first time, had exchanged insults with his current girlfriend Rocio Oliva, before turning violent, the Daily Star reports. According to the report, flight ...
South America Argentine President Cristina Fernandez rallied a huge crowd celebrating a decade of the government she and her late husband Nestor Kirchner began in 2003 and suggesting that she may not be stand for another term. She called the 10 year period a victorious decade, "won not by a government but by the people," which led the country out of an economic crisis to a period of ...
(MENAFN) Argentina's INDEC national statistics institute announced that the country's industrial output grew by 1.7 percent last month on annual basis, reported Reuters.From a month before, the production went up by 0.1 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis.Automobile output jumped by 38.8 percent in April from a year ago, and that of non-metallic minerals, including glass and cement, ...
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) -- Argentine President Cristina Fernandez has rallied a huge crowd celebrating 10 years in power by her government and that of her late ...
Stamps Dedicated to Beginning of Pope Francis PontificateBy Junno Arocho EstevesVATICAN CITY, April 30, 2013 (Zenit.org) - Pope Francis was presented with the stamps issued jointly between the Vatican City State and Argentina, which are dedicated to the beginning of his pontificate. The presentation was made this morning in the Library of the Vatican Apostolic Palace.The four stamps in the set, ...
Return to Horror High [DVD]
You have to give credit to Bill Froehlichs Return to Horror High for its sheer ambition, even if it never really comes together. Made in 1987, at the teetering peak of the 1980s cycle of teen horror movies, Return to Horror High is not, as its title might s ... ...
Buenos Aires City Mayor Mauricio Macri presided over the flag hoisting ceremony as part of the official National Day rallies in Argentina’s capital city. "A divided Argentina is not what we want," the PRO party leader told reporters. Macri added that "there is a lot to improve and change" in the country and said he whished the pro-national government organizations that ...
CAMBRIDGE, England - On a clear day you might see Argentina, but more often Argentines cloud the view. How else can it be explained from here that a man who reached office ten years ago with 22 percent of the vote now, in death, is the subject of reverential anniversary celebrations organized by a government transformed into a family business. It is not easy to celebrate this tenth year, and ...
Share/Bookmark Much has been said about the role of international art fairs, as chequebooks and doors are flung wide open to some of the most revered art collections in the world. Celebrating its 22nd anniversary, ArteBA- Argentina’s premier contemporary art fair - has become an integral part to the nascent commerce of the Latin-American art scene, welcoming collectors, dealers, and ...
Manama, May 25. (BNA) -- His majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa today sent a cable of congratulations to the Argentine President Cristina Fern?ndez marking her country's National Day. HM the King wished her good health and happiness and her friendly people further progress and prosperity. W H Q BNA 1228 GMT ...
A visitor attends the "ArteBA 2013" art fair, in Buenos Aires, capital of Argentina, on May 24, 2013. The fair is the most important contemporary art show in Argentina, with 82 galleries from Latin America, the US and Europe displaying 500 artists' works, according to the organizers. (Xinhua/Martin ...
They said it
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Canada
After getting off the Greyhound bus I trudged through the Whistler Village to the bottom of Whistler Mountain, and there ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Argentina StarArgentina Star | Current News Headlines about Argentina
A star in newspaper reporting, the Argentina Star provides a complete coverage of Argentina news, bringing you breaking news, what's happening in local and global sports, and a host of other features.
From the capital, Buenos Aires, extending to all parts of the country, neighbouring countries and the general region, the Argentina Star covers it all. And it doesn't stop there.
Global news, finance, and business reports are provided and updated regularly. Whether it's local, regional or international, news, sports or business, there can be no more comprehensive a coverage than that provided by the online newspaper, Argentina Star. That is our objective, and we strive very hard to achieve it.
The task is not always easy, as obtaining news in this part of the world in English can be very time-consuming and frustrating. Virtually all newspapers that publish in the region, and Internet news services, for obvious reasons report in the local language.
The Argentina Star is a resource for local news and information, and provides live, and updating weather forecasts for Buenos Aires and other major cities in the country. There's also a news poll where readers can register their votes on topical issues making the news.
Argentine football legend Diego Maradona had reportedly grabbed his girlfriend by the neck during a bust-up on a plane.
According to passengers, Maradona, who was on his way to visit his baby son by former girlfriend Veronica Ojeda for the first time, had exchanged insults with his current girlfriend Rocio Oliva, before turning violent, the Daily Star reports.
According to the report, flight attendants and business-class travelers, including the wife of the governor of Argentina's Santa Fe province, had to step in to try to calm him down.
Silvia Troccoli, wife of the governor, said that she tried to talk to Maradona after he went 'into crisis' on the flight from Dubai, where he works as a sports ambassador, adding that the situation was not very nice.
An Argentine journalist, who was in economy class on the same flight, said that he was told by some business-class passengers that the scene between Maradona and Oliva was akin to a boxing match.
The report further said that the Argentinian star had later told bodyguards to elbow photographers when he touched down in Buenos Aires and also allegedly threw stones at cameramen on a motorway.
Maradona split from Ojeda, his partner of eight years, when she was four-and-a-half months pregnant with their son Diego Fernando. ...
- Angelina Jolies aunt battling with breast cancer slips into coma
- Chhattisgarh Naxal attack Congress leader VC Shukla remains critical say doctors
- New space stethoscope helps assess astronauts in noisy spacecrafts
- New urine test technique helps detect breast cancer
- Chris Rock auctions role for charity
- 48 Hours Dirty Little Secrets
- Book Review Split Image The Life of Anthony Perkins
- Book Review A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Crunch time for Jersey Shore businesses after Sandy
- Five great scientists with flawed vision
- Minamisanriku Tsunami-Hit Town In Japan Gets Easter Island Statue As Symbol For Recovery
- Chiles indigenous fight worlds largest gold miners to protect environment
- The Ecuadorian president said Thursday during his inauguration that the times we are now living in Latin American countries is thanks to the election of progressive governments from their people which is now said that Latin America is not the backy
- Canadian mine giant Barrick fined a record $16.4M in Chile
- Top chefs say Latin America will reach the zenith of cuisine
- Heather Graham displays yoga skills
- Exclusive Facebook censors pictures of children rallying against GMOs during global March Against Monsanto
- Millions rally around the world in March Against Monsanto - photos from Austin Texas
- Magazines Quick yoga routines
- How to exercise during pregnancy
- Move Over Japanese Yen Make Way For Chinas Yuan
- Reforms enhance pensions role in emerging markets
- Emerging markets are ‘a victim of their own success’ - EXCLUSIVE
- SA to represent Africa at emerging markets
- China allocates 27 bln yuan from land sales for water conservation
- Robben breaks jinx as Bayern lift Champions League
- AFC Asian cup qualifier India eves held 1-1 by Palestine
- Maradona grabbed girlfriend by neck during plane bust-up
- Becks dream of owning MLS team put on hold by Man City
- Mourinho couldnt handle high pressure at Madrid Zidane
- Hezbollah Chief Confirms Fighting in Syria
- US Defense Chief Calls for End to Military Sex Assaults
- Maoists Attack India Congress Party Convoy
- Russia Cracks Down on Gay Activism
- Leadership Questions Could Hamper Syria Peace Talks
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Argentina Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Maradona grabbed girlfriend by neck during plane bust-up
- ‘Victorious decade’ Argentina marks ten years of Kirchner family rule
- Argentinas industrial production up 1.7 last month
- Huge crowd cheers Argentine leaders 10-year rule
- Joint Vatican City State and Argentina Stamps Presented to Pontiff